Have you ever took a bite of a sandwich and were like wow that was good? I like to get that feeling every time I eat one. Whenever I make a sandwich I put a lot of thought into it because it has to hit the spot. People tend to put whatever they find in their refrigerators into their sandwiches and settle for average. You know at Spoons and Stilettos we don’t like average so today I will share with you a recipe for a great sandwich.
Before you start layering the sandwich make sure you have all the ingredients ready. Good quality Mozzarella and tomato are very important so please buy the best you can.
Cover with the top of the loaf.
Seal with cling wrap, put a heavy object on top of the sandwich and stand for about 3 hours.
- Cut about 2 inches off the top of the bread and remove the dough until you have a bread bowl.
- Brush the inside of the loaf with olive oil and start layering.
- You may layer it however you want however make sure you have different textures in each layer. I started with red peppers, onions, basil, tomato, olives then cheese and repeat layers again.
- Cover with the top of the loaf and and seal with cling wrap.
- Put something heavy over the sandwich like a pot and let sit for about 3 hours.