When it comes to green veggies I tend to buy the same kind like spinach,broccoli or kale.I have started a new thing where I have to add something new to my dinner rotation each week.This week while at the grocery store I spotted brussels sprouts.I admit I was a little intimidated by the vegetable since I had never made it before and it has a reputation of being bitter.I started to imagine how good they would look on my plate since they have a nice green color and cute shape.After some research I found a simple recipe that has now turned me into a brussels sprout fan.Try this and you will join the brussels sprout fan club too.
1/2 pound brussels sprouts
I clove garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp butter
- Remove stems and outer leaves of brussels sprouts .Cut each sprout into half and cook in salted boiling water for 3 min.
- Drain sprouts and add olive oil and butter to heated pan.
- Add minced garlic into pan and cook for for 30seconds.
- Add brussels sprouts to garlic,add pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until sprouts start browning.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.