Last weekend I was in the mood for something different for breakfast and so came the turkey bacon cups. These are perfect for a relaxed Sunday breakfast in bed served with spinach, orange juice and fruit . Not only are they tasty, they are fun, easy and quick to make too.
-While bacon is cooking whisk together eggs, chives, cheese and onions in a bowl. Remove bacon from heat after it is partially cooked after 3 minutes.
– Cut bread into rounds
– Bread should look like this after cutting.
– Grease muffin pan with butter then sprinkle one side of the bread with olive oil . Press bread into muffin pan with oiled side down.
– Place bacon into bread cups followed by egg mixture.
-Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or till eggs are set
– Remove from muffin pan and serve warm . I served mine with sauteed spinach and fresh tomatoes.
6 slices whole grain bread
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 green onion thinly sliced
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
– grease a muffin tin with butter
– whisk together eggs, chives and green onions in a bowl.
– cut bread into rounds and sprinkle some olive oil on one side
– press bread olive side down into muffin pan followed by bacon then carefully pour the egg mixture in.
– bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or until eggs are set.