This is another accidental recipe that came about on a weeknight when I was craving shrimp. The garlicky lemon herb dressing and the curried potatoes take this recipe to a high flavor elevation. I used quinoa as my grain which also added a slight nutty flavor to the recipe.
2 cups raw shrimp seasoned
1 cup quinoa
2 medium potatoes cubed
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
2 cups arugula
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 a large red onion chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger minced
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
2 large cloves garlic
1 handful fresh cilantro
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 lemon juiced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
– Rinse quinoa, add to rice cooker then add cumin and chicken broth. Cook till broth is absorbed and set aside to cool.
– While quinoa is cooking, boil potatoes for about 7 minutes till they are almost cooked through and set aside.
– Mix all dressing ingredients in a food processor and set aside
– In a large deep pan or wok, cook shrimp and remove from pan
– Add olive oil to the same pan, cook onions for 1 minute then add potatoes and cook about 5 minutes till potatoes are fully cooked.
– Turn heat off and add quinoa, shrimp, arugula, tomatoes and dressing to wok. Mix gently.
– Serve with avocado and drizzle some sriracha if you wish