3/4 pound ground turkey
1/2 a large onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
salt and freshly ground pepper
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Cook 1 cup quinoa with 1 cup broth in a rice cooker.
– Scoop out the seeds and season flesh with salt and pepper. brush with olive oil.
– Place squash flesh side down in a baking dish and cook for 45 minutes or until soft.
– Meanwhile saute’ onions and garlic in a large deep pan for about 2 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook for about 8 more mins.
– Add thawed corn to turkey and cook for another 2 minutes. This will be a great time to add any more spices. I added more curry powder.
– Add cooked quinoa to turkey mix and cook for another 2 minutes. Add more olive oil and throw in arugula right at the end with a squeeze of lemon juice.
– Stuff quinoa mix inside each squash and serve. I like to squeeze a little Sriracha on the top for a little kick.