This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyCreations #CrispiestChicken #CollectiveBias
Forget all the complicated tricks you have been told will give you the crispiest fried chicken. I have the secret, and I am sharing it with you today! It is pretty easy and is probably something you have in your pantry already…Argo® Corn Starch! Instead of using flour only, using a half and half split of flour and Argo® Corn Starch will help give you the crispiest fried chicken that is juicy on the inside and crispy and airy on the outside. The Argo® Corn Starch is what will make your fried chicken recipe outstanding.
For our secret ingredient, the only brand I use is Argo® Corn Starch because it is the best and leading corn starch brand with over 100 years of quality and trust over multiple generations. The Argo® yellow container with the blue lid is so familiar and can be found in most households. Argo® Corn Starch is naturally gluten free, which is great for those following a gluten free diet. Most people know corn starch mainly as a thickening ingredient for sauces, but it has other uses in addition to making the crispiest chicken. Here are other ways to use corn starch:
- Corn starch is a good binding agent for baked goods. It is the glue that holds desserts together including puddings, cookies, and pies.
- Coating marinated meat or veggies with corn starch is a popular technique in Asian cooking, as it helps give the meat a nice crisp, velvet texture very quickly.
- Adding Argo® Corn Starch to your sheet pan tofu before cooking will make it nice and crunchy on the outside. This is great when making a tofu salad or rice bowl.
- Use it when making ice cream. Yes, Argo® Corn Starch can be added to homemade ice cream recipes too. Adding Argo® Corn Starch to an ice cream mix helps bind the ingredients, prevents ice crystals forming and creates a smoother ice cream texture.
The Crispiest Sriracha Fried Chicken Recipe
Fried chicken is such a great treat, and when it is homemade, you can control what goes in it and how it is made. This crispiest chicken recipe can be baked, deep fried, or air fried. For this recipe, we use an air fryer instead of deep frying in oil for lower fat content. The chicken is marinated in buttermilk and Sriracha sauce, dipped in an egg wash, then coated with the 50% Argo® Corn Starch and 50% flour combination, mixed with garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs and paprika. It is very simple. You can get your crispiest chicken with Argo® Corn Starch.
- The Crispiest Sriracha Fried Chicken Recipe2019-08-12 00:33:03Write a reviewTotal Time50 minTotal Time50 minIngredients
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Spoons and Stilettos http://www.spoonsandstilettos.com/
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then add it to a large plastic bag. Whisk the buttermilk, half the spices and Sriracha sauce together, pour into plastic bag, close it tight and shake it, making sure all chicken pieces are covered with the buttermilk. Let it sit for at least an hour or overnight.
- When ready to cook, whisk together the flour, salt, Argo® Corn Starch, and remaining spices in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and water until combined.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk mix and slowly dip each piece into the egg wash first and then the flour mix. Shake each piece gently to remove excess flour and Argo® Corn Starch and then place on a cooling rack for five minutes.
- Place in air fryer and cook for at least 30 minutes at about 375 degrees F until chicken is fully cooked with a nice crispy golden brown color.
Be sure to visit Argo® Corn Starch for more inspiration.