If you are looking for easy and delicious weeknight meals I have two perfect recipes for you. Taco bowls with ground beef and a Thai coconut sauce with chicken & veggies. Both meals are so tasty anyone will enjoy them. They are also Keto and Paleo friendly which is a plus.
Last week I wrote about Kevin’s Sauces which quickly became a regular in our kitchen. I normally do not like packaged sauces but Kevin’s sauces are so good and are very comparable to what you can get in some restaurants. As an advocate for clean eating, I am happy to support a company whose mission is to empower the busiest people to eat clean without sacrificing flavor.
Thai coconut sauce with chicken and veggies
This Thai inspired dish is so comforting and absolutely delicious. Kevin’s Thai Coconut sauce is made with yummy ingredients like coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger and spices. I added Juicy chicken thighs, green beans, carrots seasonal ingredients like kabocha squash. The combination worked really well with all of the different flavors complementing each other. My husband likes his food very spicy so I added some chili flakes for heat and served it with cauliflower rice.
How to make easy Thai coconut sauce with chicken and veggies
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Add olive oil to a hot pan and cook chicken till lightly browned and almost cooked through; about 10 mins.
- Add freshly minced onion, garlic and ginger to chicken and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add kabocha squash, carrots and Kevin’s That Coconut Sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 mins
- Add green beans and simmer another 5 minutes.
Recipe Notes: Serve with cauliflower rice if following a keto or paleo diet. This dish goes really well with jasmine rice as well. If you like it a little spicy add some chili flakes.
Taco bowls with ground beef
On busy weeknights you can’t go wrong with Taco bowls. They are quick, easy and packed with fresh and healthy ingredients. I used Kevin’s Classic Taco Sauce to give the ground beef the delicious classic taco taste that we all love. The sauce includes flavors from roasted poblano chilies, garlic, onion, tomato and spices.
The beauty of taco bowls is you can use any of your favorite ingredients. I used cauliflower rice instead regular rice. I topped it with sliced red bell peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, diced Persian cucumber, avocado, romaine lettuce and cilantro. The possibilities are endless and this is a good dish to make if you are trying to use up veggies in your fridge.
How to Make Taco bowls with ground beef
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper.
- Add grape seed oil to a hot pan; add the ground beef and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add Kevin’s Classic Taco Sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place cauliflower rice in a bowl, top with the ground beef and veggies including romaine lettuce, red onions, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, cucumber and avocado.
Click the links below to learn more about Kevin’s Natural Foods Sauces, discover more of their products and find great recipes:
For more of my recipes click here. Happy Cooking!
This recipe is my submission for the #kevinsrecipechallenge and the product was given to me for free. All opinions and content in this post are completely mine alone.