Looking for an easy appetizer for your next holiday party? How about these delicious smoked salmon roll-ups. They are super easy to make and look beautiful on the plate which will make you look like a kitchen Goddess. If you have guests that do not love seafood you can use anything from thin cold cuts of meat or even veggies only. The possibilities are endless with this recipe.
The key is to use the best quality salmon and my brand of choice is Blue Circle Foods because their smoked salmon is free from antibiotics, GMOs, growth hormones, sugar and synthetic pigments. I used full cream cheese but here you can go with a low fat cream cheese if you like. Spinach can be substituted with lettuce, arugula or any soft green leaf. The dill, capers and lemon zest elevate the flavor of this appetizer really well.
- 1/2 block (4oz) cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz Blue Circle Foods smoked salmon
- 3 flour tortillas
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- Juice and zest from 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill leaves chopped
- 2 tsp capers
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese, lemon juice, zest, dill, capers, red onions and black pepper.
- Lay tortillas down flat on cling wrap. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the tortillas, leaving about 1/2 inch edges.
- Line with a layer of spinach, followed by a layer of smoked salmon.
- Roll tortillas up, wrap tightly in cling wrap and chill until ready to eat.
- When ready to serve, remove from cling wrap, place on cutting board, and trim off the ends. Slice each roll into 1 1/2 inch pinwheels and serve.