If you haven’t tried smoked duck this stir fry recipe is a good starting point as it very simple and easy to make. This is one of those quick recipes that is perfect for weeknights when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. The smokiness of the dark already provides most of the flavor so adding fresh garlic and ginger is all you need for a delicious dish.
Smoked Duck and Bok Choy stir fry recipe
2 smoked duck breasts
4 medium sized bok choy
1 small red onion sliced
2 green onion sliced
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
2 inches fresh ginger cut into small strips
1 handful fresh basil
1 tbsp duck fat
1 tsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Separate leaves from bok choy heads and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Bok choy sometimes has some sand caught between leaves so this step is very important.
- Slice duck breast into small pieces, no seasoning necessary
- Heat a large wok, add duck fat and olive oil. Add sliced duck breast and cook for about 5 minutes until its browned then add the onion and cook for another minute.
- Add garlic, ginger tomatoes and bok choy for about 2 minutes till boy is soft and wilted. Be sure not to overcook, bok choy should remain bright green with a little bite.
- Serve hot in a bowl over rice or noodles if you prefer.
Benefits of eating Bok Choy
For those of you who are not familiar with bok choy, it is a type of chinese cabbage that doesn’t really look like most of the cabbages out there because of its long stalks. You can find it chinese grocery stores or some grocery stores like Whole foods, Trader Joe’s or Wegman’s . There are many benefits to eating bok choy because of its high nutritional content. Studies have shown that bok choy has a high beta carotene content making it one of the best sources of vitamin A. It is also a good source of fibre, vitamin K, Vitamin C, Potassium, Folate, Calcium and many more.