I am so glad Scandal is back on TV and there is one thing that Olivia Pope and I have in common other than our love for classic style, it’s the love for wine and popcorn. I have started to make it a little tradition of mine to record episodes of Scandal and watch it Friday night with a bowl of popcorn and a glass of wine. Trying to figure out the best wine and popcorn pairing can be a little tricky so the people at Skinny pop have made it very easy to decide with this graphic below.
So here is how this lovely guide works. First, choose your favorite popcorn, I love SkinnyPop’s original flavor. Next step is to look at the guide for the best wine pairing for your popcorn and follow the line that links the wine and popcorn flavor. In my case since I am going with the original flavor It shows me that I can pair it with Chardonnay or Malbec. Being a big fan of red wine, I opted for the Malbec.
Last step, grab your bag of popcorn, pour yourself a glass of wine, wear comfy clothes and watch your favorite tv show. Doesn’t that sound like a perfect night at home. I live for these kind of days!
5 Reason’s to love SkinnyPop popcorn
- It’s non GMO, which means SkinnyPop popcorn doesn’t contain any genetically modified ingredients.
- Preservative free, For example a bag of the original flavor includes popcorn, sunflower oil and salt only, nothing else.
- Free from artificial flavors, You will not find any ingredients you can’t pronounce in a bag of SkinnyPop popcorn.
- Zero trans fat, Trans fat increase your cholesterol levels and increase your chance of heart disease. Knowing I’m snacking on something with zero trans fat surely makes me feel good.
- Absolutely delicious: It is very had to find snacks that are good for you and taste delicious, Skinny pop is one of those. Its truly a guilt free and is a tasty snack.
The next time you are trying to figure out what to snack on, try pairing popcorn and wine. You will be glad you did! You can find out more about SkinnyPop here. If you are looking for another snack to add to your TV watching routine, check out these delicious Watermelon Feta triangles.