Will you be rocking a little orange this summer?
Search Results for: blazer
I have always wanted to do outfit posts but was a little apprehensive because I thought that it would make me appear self absorbed. My take on outfit posts has since changed since attending the Blog better Boston Style summit last weekend. I discovered that some of the most successful bloggers do outfit posts and they are far from self absorbed. I have come to realize that outfit posts are a great way to showcase one’s style and they are fun too!
My first outfit post will showcase a black and white casual outfit that I wore to the mall this weekend. The ensemble included my go to black skinny jeans, a white blouse and black and gold flats. Since it was a little cold I layered the outfit with a black boyfriend blazer.
Bermuda shorts are also known as dress shorts or city shorts. They are basically short trousers that fit above the knee. Bermuda shorts are very versatile, they look great with floral blouses, white tees and even blazers for a more formal look.
The coral combo is great for a summer day at the mall and the black and white combo is great for a casual lunch with a friend. You can add a black or white blazer to the black and white combo for a super chic look.
I am so glad pointy toes are back because I really could not stand the chunky platform heels. I find that pointy heels give a strong statement of elegance. To be honest with you I never stopped wearing the pointed toes even when they were out of style.
I love the way they can dress up even the most casual outfit for example a pair of jeans and a t shirt . Pointy heels go with almost everything from dresses to jeans making them a must have in any closet. My favorite way to wear pointy pumps is with a great pair of jeans and a blazer.
Below are a few good examples on how to wear pointed heels .
- Wear your pointy heels with skinny jeans and a cardigan or blouse for a elegant daytime look. Miranda Kerr nailed it when she paired her black pumps with black skinny pants .
- Pointed toes are great for short girls like myself . Notice how they make her legs look longer.
- The oversize bag balances the look.
Pointy pumps look great with slacks and suits making them great for work.
I love the way Rihanna paired her pointy pumps with this off white outfit. I am not a big fan of Rihanna but I will give credit where it is due. She looks smashing in this ensemble!
Nude colored pumps give the illusion of long legs too.
- Zoe Saldana paired her pointy pumps with a bright colored dress for a simple yet elegant look.
- You can wear pumps with different styles of dresses from long , short, fitted and loose.
- For a more edgy look pair your little black dress with leopard print pumps.