Ever wonder how some cooks always make the perfect roast potatoes with crispy outsides and fluffy insides? The secret is ‘vinegar’ I recently found out that soaking potatoes in cold water and vinegar before roasting or frying will increase the crispiness. Since this discovery my homemade fries and roast potatoes always come out perfect and I am glad to share this with you. Below is a easy recipe for roast potatoes. Enjoy!
10 medium size russet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp truffle oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Peel potatoes then soak in cold water and vinegar for 5 minutes.
- scrape surface of potatoes with a fork , this is mostly for presentation.
- Par-boil potatoes in salted water for about 15 minutes. Potatoes do not need to get fully cooked, this step speeds up the roasting process and results in fully cooked potatoes.
- Drain potatoes then sprinkle paprika , garlic powder, salt , pepper and coat potatoes with olive oil and truffle oil.
- Roast potatoes for 20 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite roast and gravy