So the Fiance’ is currently on a low carb diet which has forced me to switch things up in the kitchen . I am one of those people who loves their rice, bread, sweet potatoes and most carbs so this has been a bit of an adjustment. Since I don’t like cooking 2 different meals I just decided to join him on the low carb ride and it has been fun. I find that my creative juices are flowing even more as I have to find alternatives. This pan seared Tilapia with lemon and herb zucchini has been a regular on our menu because of its simplicity and flavor.
Eating a meal like this has many healthy benefits from the fish, zucchini and tomatoes. If you are not a big fish fan you can serve the zucchini with any meat from chicken to steak. I loved having it my with Moroccan spiced lamb shanks recipe
5 Health Benefits of eating Fish
- Seafood is a good source of protein
- Seafood is low in fat: If you are on a low-fat diet, fish is a great option.
- Seafood is low in cholesterol: Eating seafood 2 to 3 times a week will significantly lower blood cholesterol and risk of heart disease.
- Seafood is high in omega 3 fatty acids: Omega 3 fatty acids are an essential nutrient and assist with many body functions. Since the body cannot make them, eating more seafood is a great way to get these into your body.
- Seafood is high in vitamins and minerals: These include iodine, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B and many more.
Please note that these points are from my own research. Please consult with your doctor or licensed dietician if you are seeking professional advice and treatment.
Things you may need:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I get a small commission when you click through the product links. Click here for my full disclosure policy.