This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DonVictorHoney #HappyHealthyHoney #CollectiveBias
Can you believe New Year’s day is right around the corner! One of my New Year’s goals is to eat and drink well, starting by cutting down on drinks and foods that are not good for me. This non-alcoholic Lime and Lemongrass Sangria is a perfect way to start my year of better eating and drinking.
My Lime and Lemongrass Sangria recipe is super easy. All you need is lemongrass, limes, lemons, mint and Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar. This drink is better for you than a regular Sangria because it’s alcohol free, has a lower sugar content and better taste with the use of Don Victor® Honey. The honey is raw, filtered and has not been heated or processed which is the best honey you can find in stores.
Creating this refreshing Lime and Lemongrass Sangria is pretty easy and fun. First stop was Walmart to get some Don Victor® Honey. If you need to get some of this yummy honey, don’t go looking for it where standard honey products are located. Instead you can find it in its unique location in the Hispanic Aisle at any Walmart store. look for the beautiful globe jar with the honeycomb inside. Which by the way would make a great gift for the foodies in your life. I highly recommend you grab a jar or 2 the next time you are grocery shopping.
Before we go ahead with the recipe, lets talk about why Don Victor® Honey is the best choice for the sangria. Don Victor® Honey is of premium quality in comparison to most honeys out there. What I love about the honey is that it comes with a comb inside unlike the standard honey. The honeycomb is edible and I love that it adds some texture. If you don’t know how to use the honey comb I have some ideas for you right here:
6 Ways to eat Honey Comb
- Stir it into plain yogurt : The honey will add some sweetness and the comb will provide some texture to the yogurt. it’s a better way to eat yogurt as you can control the sweetness.
- Add it to your salad: Including some chopped honeycomb into your arugula and feta salad will add some sweetness and balance out the peppery arugula and salty feta. It’s so good, even the young ones will be asking you for more salad.
- Add it to your cheese board: Most cheese boards will have some sort of jam but you can switch things up and impress your guests by using honeycomb in yours. Guests can spread some honeycomb with cheese on their crackers. I have tried it with Brie which was delicious but I am sure other cheeses work just as well.
- Use some in your Oatmeal: Add a piece of honey comb into hot oatmeal and stir. It’s hard for me to go back to regular honey for my oatmeal after eating it this way.
- Spread it on toasted bread, bagels, pancakes or scones: The other day I spread the honeycomb on a warm toasted bagel then added some cream cheese and a thin slice of prosciutto. It was so simple and so delicious with the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
- Eat it by itself: Sometimes you just need something sweet and chewy. Honey comb with satisfy that craving right away.
Non Alcoholic Lime and Lemongrass Sangria Recipe
This Sangria is light, fragrant, fun and is the perfect guilt free drink to start the new year. You can add alcohol if you wish. This drink is great anytime of the year, It would make a great summer time drink for your next barbecue.