Quinoa has become one of my favorite foods so much that I am cooking it on a regular basis.This is a shrimp quinoa served with a sauteed spinach and peppers.Who said healthy food is boring.
4 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 pound shrimp
4 green onions sliced
1/2 green pepper cut into strips
1/2 cup flat Italian parsley
21/2 tbsp soy sauce
4 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1 tbsp Moroccan spice
1 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp fresh ginger minced
1 carrot sliced
5 cups of spinach
1/2 red pepper sliced
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
- In a heated wok add 1 tbsp olive oil an cook 2 cloves garlic and ginger for 1 minute.Add curry powder, Moroccan spice and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the white portion of green onion and carrots ,cook for 2 minutes or until carrot is cooked but not too soft.
- Add green pepper, flat leaf parsley and green portion of scallions to wok and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add cooked quinoa to wok, add soy sauce and pepper, cook for 1 minute.Make sure you continue to stir to prevent from sticking.
- In another heated pan, add olive oil and cook shrimp until it turns pink for about 7 minutes.While cooking shrimp add tsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- When shrimp is done add it to quinoa and add cherry tomatoes and 1 tsp of lemon juice to the same wok.Mix gently
- In another pan heat olive oil and add 1 clove garlic.Cook garlic for 30 seconds
- Add spinach, sliced red pepper and a sprinkle of soy sauce.Cook until spinach is wilted for about 3 minutes.
- Serve spinach over quinoa.