I am always looking for healthy meals that are quick to prepare,the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is to make a lengthy meal. I came across a quinoa recipe in a food magazine that is simple yet full of flavor.
Quinoa and red kidney bean salad
2 cups quinoa
4 cups chicken stock
1 15ounce can of red kidney beans
1 small red onion
2 lemons squeezed
2 bunches of fresh basil
1/2 cup olive
salt and pepper to taste
- Using a fine mesh sieve , rinse quinoa with cold water.
- Put rinsed quinoa into rice cooker and add chicken stock,turn on rice cooker.
- In 20 minutes quinoa will be cooked, Let it cool down in a big bowl.
- Mix kidney beans, chopped onion and basil in the bowl.
- whisk olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper together
- Add olive oil mixture into bowl and serve
I served this with grilled salmon and a green salad, but this dish can also be served alone.Below is a picture of my final product ,yummy!