We all have our guilty pleasures in life. Guilty pleasures are things that are not good for you but you just can’t help but love them and usually feel a little guilty after eating them. I have a few guilty pleasures like Reality shows , Chocolate , French fries and Pizza. I have yet to meet somebody who doesn’t love a good slice of pizza. Seriously if you are not a big fan of Pizza I would love to hear from you.
Today I am dedicating this post to Pizza because I made one the other day and it was so good that I had to share it with you. Instead of making the pizza dough from scratch I decided to use Naan bread for the pizza base. Using Naan bread not only saved me time but it was great for portion control, Lord knows how many slices I would have eaten if a whole pizza was in front of me. This is a very simple dish to make and if you don’t know where to get Naan bread, Trader Joe’s carries frozen Naan bread for less that 3 dollars.The only difference between this recipe and most pizza recipes is that I did not put a tomato sauce on the base of the pizza. I don’t like the sogginess that comes from the sauce, but feel free to try it with the sauce as it will still yield good results.
2 pieces Naan bread
8 slices mozzarella cheese
1 large Roma tomato thinly sliced
1 clove garlic finely chopped (2 if you like it garlicky)
6-8 basil leaves roughly chopped
1 strip prosciutto sliced
1 green onion sliced
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile place Naan bread in a foil lined baking tray brush top of bread with olive oil.
- Start by placing garlic and onion on the bread and make sure it is spread out all over the bread.Follow with mozzarella cheese, about 4 slices per pizza then tomatoes, basil and prosciutto. Add a little of salt and pepper over tomatoes.
- sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on each pizza.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until pizza crust is a little crispy. I like to put the oven on broil for the last 2 minutes for extra crispiness.
- Serve with a chicken salad or just the pizza alone. Either way you will be left wondering why you have been spending all that money on take away pizza.