I am happy to report that my meatless Monday’s have been a success and I am actually thinking of adding a second day. I am finding that vegetarian food is full of flavor and so much fun to cook. On the meatless menu this week were zucchini fritters served with a eggplant black bean curry and arugula. These fritters are very easy to prepare and they are so yummy that I almost ate all of them.
2 medium size zucchini
2 spring onions thinly sliced
2 small eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper
– Grate zucchini into a bowl and mix with 1 tsp salt.
– Place zucchini in a clean dish cloth and let stand for about 10 – 15 minutes then squeeze out water from the zucchini.
– Meanwhile thinly slice 2 spring onions.
– Add onions, carrots and beaten eggs to zucchini then add flour and baking powder. Add freshly ground pepper and mix .
– Heat a large griddle pan then add about a table spoon of olive oil. Spoon zucchini mixture into pan and flatten with a fork. Cook each side for about 3 minutes until golden brown .
– Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce, sour cream or make a meal of it like I did.