Lately my local Whole Foods Market has been selling whole Chickens for 99 cents a pound which is a bargain. Marcus and I love roast chicken so I have been making one every week. The great thing about making a roast chicken is that there are always leftovers unless you are cooking for a large family. This lemony pasta with chicken recipe is one of my go to recipes for leftover chicken.
This is my adaptation of an original recipe from My Recipes
2 cups of shredded leftover chicken
1/2 pound Rigatoni pasta
1 1/2 cups thawed frozen peas
1/2 a cup heavy cream
1/2 a cup feta or goat cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp fresh lemon zest
Juice from one lemon
salt and freshly ground pepper
– Boil salted water in a large pot and cook pasta per package instructions
– Mix cheese, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl making sure to mash feta cheese into smaller pieces.
– Once pasta is cooked set aside 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and drain pasta.
– Return pasta to the pot and mix with peas, chicken and cheese mixture.
– Add cooking liquid and season with salt and pepper as desired.
– Serve immediately