This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
My 80/20 meal plan is still in full swing and I am proud to say I have managed to stick with it. If this is your first time here, you are probably wondering what the 80/20 meal plan is. It is a plan I set where I eat 80% plant based foods and 20% everything else. Eating a mostly plant based diet feels great and encourages creativity in the kitchen. I’ve already seen benefits of this meal plan like weight maintenance and more energy. One of the recipes I have added to my repertoire is Kale, Mushroom & Ricotta Toast
The creaminess of the ricotta paired with the earthiness of the mushrooms and texture of the kale is a match made in heaven. This is a toast recipe you don’t want to miss.
The key to making this Kale, Mushroom & Ricotta Toast shine is using the absolute best ingredients. I got the kale, ricotta and mushrooms from my trusted local store that sells the best produce in town. What elevates the kale from good to amazing is the use of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base in the cooking process. Not only did I use it in the kale, I also mixed the roasted garlic base in my butter for the toast. This recipe is packed with flavor, which is why it is one of my favorites.
If you are not familiar with Better Than Bouillon, it is a concentrated paste that can be used to elevate the flavor of meatless dishes. It’s awesome for creating delicious plant-based versions of meals and has become my best friend when preparing vegetarian meals. I also got my husband hooked on it.
I used roasted garlic base for this recipe but there are more flavors to choose from if you are not a big fan of garlic. The Better Than Bouillon vegetarian and certified vegan flavors include Seasoned Vegetable Base, Vegetarian No Beef Base, Organic Seasoned Vegetable Base and Vegetarian No Chicken Base. I love that you can also use Better Than Bouillon bases to make broths or as a marinade to add flavor any dish. I love using them when making some of my favorite dishes like glazed carrots or butternut squash soup.
5 more ways to use Better Than Bouillon Bases
- Mix it with oil and add to your roasted vegetables before cooking.
- Add it to your Fettuccine Alfredo sauce for an even bolder flavor.
- Use some in your homemade hummus dip recipe.
- Add it to your favorite stir fry recipe or any sauteed veggies.
- Mix it in your veggie burger mix for a super flavorful veggie patty.
For more recipe ideas and to learn more about Better than Bouillon products, visit their website here. What are your favorite vegetarian dishes? How do you make them taste amazing? I would love to hear from you in the comment box below!
- 1 small bunch fresh roughly chopped kale, about 6 cups
- 3 cups sliced Shitake mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- Mix 1/2 a tsp Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic base with softened butter. Spread over bread and broil in the oven till browned and slightly crispy.
- Sauté mushrooms in olive oil until they are crispy and brown then set aside.
- Add kale to the same pan, add 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic base and cook until kale is wilted.
- Season with some freshly ground pepper.
- Add a little pepper to the ricotta and spread over toasted grainy bread then place kale and mushrooms on top.