I used to be one of those people who was intimidated by scallops especially after watching the TV show chopped on the food network.The chefs would get eliminated for slightly overcooking their scallops. I decided to take the plunge and was surprised at how simple they were to prepare. Since my first try, scallops have been part of my dinner rotation and I love them simply seared.
8 fresh scallops
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove sliced thinly
– Rinse and pat dry scallops with a paper towel. It is very important that scallops are dry so they brown well.
– Season scallops with salt and pepper.
– Add olive oil followed by butter in a heated non stick pan.
– Add garlic to butter and cook each side of scallops for 3 minutes until golden brown.
– Remove from pan and serve immediately.
– I served mine with spinach and whole wheat bulgur.