I am going through a burger phase lately and today I am going to share one of my world famous ground turkey burgers. Well they are not really world famous but I would like to think they would be. The ground turkey is mixed with fresh herbs, garlic and spicy harissa for amazing flavor.
Ground turkey burger recipe
1pound ground dark meat turkey
4 soft burger rolls
1 egg beaten
1/2 medium onion minced other half sliced
2 large cloves garlic
1 handful fresh parsley
2 tsp harissa
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 large tomato sliced
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tsp sriracha sauce
salt and freshly ground pepper
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Mince 1/2 onion, garlic and parsley in a food processor
– In a large bowl gently mix ground turkey with onion, garlic, parsley, harissa and egg. Form into round patties.
– heat an oven safe pan, add peanut oil and brown burger patties for about 3 minutes on each side
– Place burgers in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes.
– While burgers are cooking toast burger rolls and mix sriracha with mayonnaise
– Top burgers with sliced onions and Swiss cheese and put back in the oven to allow cheese to melt
– Once patties are ready, spread sriracha mayo on the buns then follow with the cheesy burger patties, tomato then Arugula. Enjoy!