|Turkey and 3 cheese stuffed pasta shells|
20 jumbo pasta shells
1 lb ground turkey
1 jar tomato sauce (I used Whole Foods sun dried tomato and basil sauce)
1 small medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp onion powder
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese.(I used Trader Joe’s brand which had a little cheddar cheese included)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
5 button mushrooms chopped into small pieces
1 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained
salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling pasta shells in a large saucepan. Add salt and 1 tsp olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking together. After pasta is cooked , drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and saute’ mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Add onions, garlic, rosemary and thyme to pan . Saute’ till onions are translucent for about 3 minutes
- Add ground turkey to pan and cook for about 8 mins until turkey is fully cooked. Add tomato paste, onion powder and 1 cup tomato sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.When turkey mixture is cooked set aside and start working on ricotta mixture.
- Mix 11/4 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, ricotta, spinach, beaten egg and pepper in a bowl.
- The ricotta mixture should look like the picture below. Trust me it tastes better than it looks.
- Spoon a tbsp of ricotta mixture into each pasta shell and then follow with a tablespoon of the turkey mixture. Place each stuffed pasta shell over a layer 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce in a baking dish. I did not have one so I used a roaster. Don’t judge, I broke the last shallow baking dish I had.
- Arrange pasta shells like the picture below.
Dinner is ready to serve !
|Ground turkey and 3 cheese stuffed pasta shells|