I love fried rice from Chinese restaurants so much that I have tried to imitate the dish a few times with little or no success.Although my attempts tasted good they always seemed to be missing something.After doing some research online I have finally figured out how to make fried rice that resembles take out fried rice except a little healthier.I prefer to use leftover rice as it is not to soft and mushy however you can use freshly made rice if you wish.This recipe is full of flavour and tofu can be substituted with chicken or shrimp.
2 cups uncooked basmati rice
1 1/2 cup firm tofu cubed
2 eggs beaten
1 cup green onions sliced
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 tsp ginger & 2 tsp garlic minced
1 tbsp curry powder
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook rice per package directions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large wok and add tofu.Cook tofu for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned and remove from wok.
- Add eggs into wok,make sure you break egg into small pieces and remove from wok when done.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and saute’ onions, peas, carrots, garlic, ginger and curry powder for 3 minutes.
- While veggie mixture cooks, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil.
- Add cooked rice to wok and cook for 2 minutes, make sure to stir it constantly to prevent sticking.
- Add tofu ,egg, soy sauce mixture and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions if you like.