It has taken me a while but I am happy to finally talk about another fast casual restaurant that I am loving these days. Verts Mediterranean Grill is a restaurant that serves savory and healthy food from scratch daily. Because I am a big fan of Mediterranean food and flavors, it’s no surprise that Verts has become one of my favorites.
At Verts, you get build your own Entree’ and you will be glad to know that most of them are under 600 calories. I like that I get to pick what I want in my bowl as opposed to getting a standard serving. If you have not been there before you can read how to order at Verts so you come prepared.
How to order at Verts:
- Select your Base – The 4 main options are Pita, Rice bowl, Quinoa bowl, Salad with some seasonal bases like Arugula.
- Pick your protein – Verts protein selection is pretty good. You can choose either beef & lamb, chicken, falafel, Turkey & Mushroom Meatballs and some locations offer slow-cooked pork.
- Add your toppings – It is safe to say that Verts has the best toppings compared to similar restaurants. There are so many delicious options including red cabbage slaw, carrot slaw, spiced chickpeas, pickled onions, grilled corn, marinated green olives, cauliflower tabbouleh, feta and more.
- Choose your sauces – This is one of my favorite parts of the process because everyone knows the sauce is the difference maker. Verts wins again in the sauce department. With sauces like Spicy Cilantro, Roasted red pepper, Tzatziki, Herb vinaigrette, Hot Harissa and Hummus.
- Get a side – I have not tried the sides yet as the bowl is enough for me but you do have the option to choose a side like french or sweet potato fries, falafel, chips & hummus, pita & hummus and the dip trio.
My Verts Experience:
I am a big fan of any meal that comes in a bowl so I tend to choose the rice or quinoa bowl when I go to Verts. Maybe next time I will go for the Pita option. On my last Verts experience I got the rice bowl with beef & lamb. My toppings were the carrot slaw, red cabbage slaw, hummus, the cucumber tomato mix with a spicy cilantro sauce.
You definitely taste the Mediterranean flavors with every bite. The hummus was smooth with the right amount of tang from the lemon. Don’t even get me started to the beef & lamb which was perfectly seasoned. The carrot and red cabbage slaw were crunchy and fresh which offered a great contrast to the heaviness of the rice and the richness of the meat. The spicy cilantro sauce is very vibrant and completes the meal. I am salivating just thinking about my meal.
Verts Mediterranean Grill Giveaway!
Verts Mediterranean Grill is opening their 3rd Boston Location on Washington St downtown Boston on Aug 11th. Head out there on opening day btwn 11am-9pm as they will be offering free entrees while supplies last. You can also win a meal voucher worth 2 free entree cards valued at $25. To Enter all you need to do is follow @EatVerts on Instagram. Good luck!