I had the pleasure of being invited to Aceituna Grill, a mediterranean restaurant located in Kendall Square. Being a lover of Mediterranean food, I was very excited to try their food and Aceituna did not disappoint. The food was amazing and best of all it was fresh and you guys know how I feel about fresh food.
I ordered falafel over a bed of Tabbouleh with baba ganoush and moussaka on the side, it was yummy. Being a falafel fanatic who truly believes that if a restaurant knows how to make delicious falafel that is not too dry and flavorless then they really know what they are doing. Aceituna certainly passed the test .
I also had the rice plate with spicy chicken and chose the fattoush and hummus as my sides. The chicken is made on site everyday and is absolutely tender and delicious. My friend Kristin ordered the pita roll up, greek salad and she was raving about it. I will probably try it on my next visit.
In addition to the tasty meal the owners took us on a tour of the restaurant and it was great to see the action in the back of the restaurant. Look at those fresh tomatoes! I love seeing fresh and local ingredients being served in restaurants.
So the way the menu works is that you start with a base either a rice plate, salad or roll up then you choose your protein. Protein options are either beef & lamb shawarma, chicken shawarma, spicy chicken shawarma or vegan falafel. After the protein you choose sides. They have so many delicious options like spicy potatoes, hummus, fattoush, tabbouleh, greek salad, falafel and more. You also have to try the fried cauliflower which is off the charts.
Because every great restaurant has delicious desserts, Aceituna is no exception and offers 2 traditional mediterranean desserts, baklava and osmalieh. Baklava is made with layers of filo pastry, nuts, honey and topped with a little ground pistachio. I loved that their baklava is not drenched in honey like some I have tried before. Osmalieh is made with ashta cream pastry and shredded filo pastry. The Osmalieh was my favorite as it is not too sweet.
5 Reasons you should try Aceituna Grill
While there are so many other reasons to try Aceituna Grill I have picked 5 of the main reasons I think you should try this restaurant.
- Delicious and affordable food: Every thing I ate at Aceituna was full of flavor and a party in my mouth. Good thing is you don’t have to break the bank to enjoy their delicious food.
- Fresh Ingredients: There is no denying that fresh ingredients are the key to delicious meals. Aceituna meals are made from scratch and fresh ingredients are used always. Even their chickpeas don’t come out of a can and the meat is not processed.
- Healthy menu options: You will not find any greasy and fatty foods in Aceituna grill, instead you will find freshly made salads, vegan falafel, shawarma which are foods that can be included in any healthy diet.
- Locally owned and locally sourced ingredients: I am all about supporting locally owned businesses that also locally source their ingredients as it contributes to the wellbeing of the community.
- Simple and authentic menu: I love that the food is true to its mediterranean background with traditional recipes. The menu is easy to figure out and ordering is a breeze.
If you are visiting Massachusetts I strongly suggest Aceituna Grill. They are located Kendall Square, Cambridge and are opening another location in Boston’s Seaport district. See below for location information.
Kendall Square : Address: 605 W Kendall St. Cambridge, MA 02142 , Website: aceitunagrill.com Hours: Mon-Fri 11am-8pm Sat: 11:30am-8pm
To check out more of my restaurant recommendations just click here
Disclaimer: This meal was complementary however the opinions and content of this post are completely my own.