You know when it comes to cooking on weeknights I like the recipes to be easy and low maintenance which I am sure you would agree with. This rice and chicken casserole is delicious and is so easy to make you will have time to relax after work. All you need to do is brown the chicken, cook the veggies, add broth and throw it in the oven. Best of all it makes for great leftovers except that the BF ate all of it that night so next time I will make twice the amount.
1 pound boneless chicken thighs
1 cup Basmati rice
11/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 stalk celery chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 medium onion diced
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh minced ginger
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Season chicken with salt , pepper and a tsp of curry powder.
– Heat a large pan, add tbsp. coconut oil and brown chicken thighs on both sides.
– While chicken is browning, chop onion celery, garlic and ginger.
– After chicken has browned add onion, carrots, celery and remaining curry powder to pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
– Add garlic and ginger and cook for another minute
– Add rice to chicken and veg mix. Make sure all the rice is coated in seasoning and transfer to a casserole dish.
– Pour chicken broth over rice, place rosemary springs over rice and cover with foil.
– Cook for 40 mins or till rice is cooked.