Sometimes you may be craving a seasoned rice but don’t want to do all the work that comes with cooking fried rice. Making a rice Pilaf is the best way to make plain rice more interesting without the added hassle.
1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cubanelle pepper chopped
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp butter
– Heat skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and butter.
– Cook onions, garlic and pepper for about 2 minutes until onions are translucent.
– Add rice to onion mix and cook for about 3 minutes until rice is slightly toasted and coated in oil. This step is important as it gives the rice its nutty flavor.
– Pour chicken broth, reduce heat, cover pot and cook rice for about 15 minutes or until rice is soft and broth is completely absorbed.
– Rice Pilaf is great served with fish and it is also good with any protein like grilled chicken, steak etc.