Ever throw a summer party and find out one of your guests does not eat meat. You find yourself scrambling around the kitchen because you don’t want to serve them some boring cauliflower dish. The good news is these days there are so many plant based options that go beyond cauliflower and soy.
As you may already know I am following a mostly plant based diet with occasional meat dishes only 20% of the time. I have learned to create delicious meatless meals out of necessity and it has been a thing of beauty. Brands like Beyond Meat and Light Life have mastered the art of creating meatless products that make a mostly plant based diet easy for folks like me who are flexitarians.
I have always used Beyond Meat products but decided to try the Lightlife brand to switch things around. I was pretty happy with the way they turned out. We made hot dogs using the Italian Sausage and Bratwurst flavor sausages toped with onions and peppers. It was so delicious even the hubby was pretty satisfied.
So the next time you are faced with the decision of what to serve a non-mean eater for your next barbecue don’t sweat it. Just grab some plant based sausage or burger and you are good to go. They will love you for it.
- 4 Lightlife sausages
- 4 Hot dog rolls
- 1 large white onion sliced into strips
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper slices into strips
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill or griddle pan to medium-high.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high. Add the oil then add the onions and peppers; season with oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are very soft, about 10 minutes
- Grill the sausages, turning them on all sides until dogs are heated through, about 8 minutes.
FYI: This is not a sponsored post