Hello Loves! Today’s recipe is a delicious garlic broccoli and tomato salad, yummy indeed. I find steaming to be my favorite way to cook vegetables and used it for this recipe. Fresh tomatoes, garlic and herbs are added for maximum flavor. You can have this dish as a side or even with scrambled eggs for a filling low calorie breakfast.
Easy Garlic Broccoli and Tomato salad recipe
2 heads broccoli
1 cup grape tomatoes halved
1 medium clove garlic
1 tsp juice from a fresh lemon
1 handful fresh parsley or cilantro
1 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Set up your steamer or boil salted water in a large pot with steaming capabilities.
- Separate heads into small florets and rinse under cold running water.
- Place broccoli in the steamer and steam for 5 minutes till it is soft but still has some bite to it, it is very important that it doesn’t get overcooked and mushy.
- While steaming, blend garlic, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and set aside.
- Remove from steamer then add tomatoes and dressing immediately. Serve.
This dish is simple but is packed with flavor and nutrition.
Broccoli: great source of vitamin K, Vitamin C and Folate. Also packed with fibre and good source of vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Potassium and lots more. I always make sure I buy some organic broccoli every week because I always find something to do with it.
Tomatoes: High in Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin K , also a good source of vitamin A, Copper, Potassium, Fibre and lots more. Did you know that regular consumption of tomatoes is beneficial for glowing and beautiful skin. This is another food you should include in your grocery cart every week. Tomatoes can be used in lots of dishes from salads, sauces to soups.