My clean eating journey is still going strong and I am hoping to convince at least one person to join me. Clean eating is involves cutting out processed foods and eating more fresh ingredients.
Every week I am going to try and share a clean eating recipe which brings me to this week’s dish…a delicious Bulgar salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and a cilantro lime dressing.
Not sure where to get Bulgar, try the Whole foods market bulk section.
1 cup wheat Bulgar
1 cup chicken broth
1 small Persian cucumber sliced
handful cherry tomatoes halved
2 spring onions
1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 a lime juiced
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp ground cumin
freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
– mince green onions, garlic, cilantro in a small food processor then add lime juice, Dijon mustard and olive oil. Mix together and set aside
– heat up a small saucepan, add a little olive oil followed by Bulgar and cumin, cook for 1 minute .
– Add the chicken broth and cook covered for 10 minutes.
– Uncover pot and cook for another 3 minutes. fluff with a fork to separate grains.
– Mix Bulgar with the dressing and sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.