As we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, however there are times when you don’t have time to whip up an elaborate breakfast. Last weekend I was having one of those days and 15 minutes later I had made garlic Parmesan toast with scrambled eggs and a tomato salsa. This is a very simple yet delicious and satisfying breakfast.
4 slices Italian bread
2 tbsp butter at room temperature
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 clove garlic minced
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
freshly ground pepper
– Set oven to a low broil setting.
– Mix all ingredients except bread in a small bowl and spread over slices of bread.
– Toast in oven until bread is golden brown and crispy around the edges.
– Serve warm topped with tomato salsa and scrambled eggs. This bread is great served with other meals e.g spaghetti and meatballs.
Simple tomato salsa
1 large tomato diced
2 spring onions sliced
4 basil leaves torn into small pieces
salt and freshly ground pepper
– mix first 5 ingredients and drizzle with olive oil.