I love making burgers on Friday nights and my go to burger recipe is a barbecue turkey burger with caramelized onions. This burger is full of flavor so much that you will not want order takeout burgers after trying it. What makes this burger recipe easy is that a good quality store bought barbecue sauce is used instead of making one from scratch. The caramelized onions add a intense level of flavor and are an important component to the recipe.
1 lb ground dark meat turkey
2 gloves garlic
1 spring onion
1/4 medium yellow onion
1/2 a cup plain barbecue sauce
1 large onion sliced and caramelized
4 slices Swiss or American cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
4 burger buns
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp sriracha sauce
2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees and mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
– Mince garlic, 1/4 yellow onion, spring onion and mushrooms in a food processor.
– Mix ground turkey , onion mix , barbecue sauce and egg in a large bowl and form into large patties
– Cook in a oiled griddle pan until browned on both sides (about 5 mins) and then place in the oven for another 10 minutes till fully cooked. Add slice of cheese on top of each patty 2 minutes before removing from oven.
– Let burgers sit while you prepare lettuce, tomatoes and toast buns.