I am so excited about these delicious oatmeal breakfast muffins because they have saved my life in the mornings and I would like you to enjoy them as well. I don’t know what it is about fall that makes me want to bake, maybe its the fact that baked goods go very well with hot beverages which are more popular in cold weather. Packed with oatmeal, carrots and banana puree’ these muffins are super tasty and amazing.
This recipe is something I came up with after reading a few ideas online and combining them to create a muffin that I would love to eat. This is not a perfect recipe but its delicious and you can also adjust it according to your preferences. I like to grab the muffin on my way to work when I am in a rush. If you are looking for a hot breakfast idea you can check out my post on breakfast ideas here.
Delicious Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins Recipe
2 cups whole wheat or plain flour
1 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
3/4 cup applesauce
2 medium bananas mashed
1 large carrot grated
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Ground almonds or cashews
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease muffin tray or line with paper cups.
– Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl: mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup grated carrots, applesauce and almond milk. Mix till well combined
– Add dry ingredients to bowl and mix well: Flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda
– Pour mixture into muffin tray cups, top with ground almonds or nuts and cook for 20 mins till risen and slightly browned. You will know that they are cooked when a toothpick will come out clean when poked into a muffin.
– Cool for at least 30 minutes before placing in container with a tight lid
Shop this post: