It’s cheat meal day and on cheat days I go big. This month I decided to make some Bacon and Cheddar fries for Saturday lunch. Topped with sharp cheddar cheese, green onions and spicy jalapeños, they are the ultimate indulgence and absolutely delicious.
I love this recipe because it is fast, flavorful and fantastic. I also like that it is finger food that you can totally eat as a meal too. I like to serve them with sour cream on the side but you can use ranch if your prefer. If you were to serve these for your guests on game day you will be guaranteed some very happy guests. They are just that good. Toppings can be anything you want and check out more options.
There are so many different toppings you can use for cheese fries. See more topping ideas including vegetarian options below.
5 Toppings for cheese fries:
- Chili and cheese: Top fries with hearty chili sauce and cheese sauce.
- Bacon and Blue cheese: Switch cheddar with blue cheese for a unique and delicious flavor.
- barbecue pulled pork and cheddar cheese. The sweet and smokey flavor of the pulled and the cheese is a insanely delicious combination.
- Beans, cheese and salsa: This is a tasty vegetarian topping option that doesn’t sacrifice on taste.
- Spicy Lentils and cheese: Another delicious vegetarian option that tastes just as great.
Love these bacon and cheddar fries? I’m sure you will also love my Kale, egg and cheese quesadilla recipe too.