4 cups shredded cabbage with carrots
2 green onions sliced
1 small tomato with insides removed
1 navel orange
2 tbsp champagne vinegar
1 cup fresh basil torn
1/2 cup parsley chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut skin off from oranges with a sharp knife then slice oranges along membranes to release segments. Make sure you do this over a bowl so you can use the juice for the dressing. Once orange is segmented, squeeze juice from membranes into the bowl .You should have segments like the picture below.
- Mix the orange juice, champagne vinegar and olive oil in the small bowl until well emulsified.
- chop fresh parsely and tear basil leaves
- Place cabbage, parsley, green onions, basil , tomatoes, avocado and orange segments into a bowl and mix gently. Seaoson with salt and pepper to taste
- Let salad stand for 15 minutes before serving for maximum flavor.
I served my salad with spicy fried rice and grilled chicken.