There are certain items that I always buy when I make my weekly trip to the grocery store,one of them is bananas.Bananas are not my favorite fruit but I find that they make a great snack in between meals,I usually put one in my bag for those times when I am craving something sweet.I always end up with too many bananas so I find the best way to use ripe bananas is to make banana bread.I have a quick and simple recipe that is almost impossible to mess up.If you have a sweet tooth, a cream cheese frosting is great.All you need is cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar.
11/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 bananas mashed
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix melted butter and mashed bananas in a large bowl.
- Mix in sugar, egg and vanilla
- Add baking soda and salt and mix
- Add the flour last and mix
- Pour mixture into 4×8 inch loaf pan or into muffin pan and bake for 1 hour.