- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Cook macaroni according to package directions and make sure it is al dente to prevent mushy results.
- In a large sauce pan cook the bacon, chop and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions and garlic and cook till onion is soft.
- Melt butter in the onion mixture, add flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Add milk and whisk until mixture is smooth. Simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce has thickened. Season with adobo seasoning
- Place strained macaroni in the sauce, stir in Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, shrimp, bacon and parsley. Make sure you set aside some parsley and chopped bacon for garnishing.
- Mix with wooden spoon and place in a baking dish. Top with some Parmesan cheese, parsley and panco breadcrumbs. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I am always on the lookout for quick healthy dishes and I recently came across a chickpea salad recipe on a can of chickpeas. I recommend that you always look behind food packages before you throw them away. Most packages have recipes that are easy to make and they usually don’t involve a million ingredients. I cannot wait to try a coconut fish sauce recipe that I saw on a can of coconut milk the other day, I’m sure I will let you guys know how it turns out.
Today I am going to share a fresh chickpea salad recipe, as always I like to add my on twist to the dish by adding fresh cilantro. If you are not a big fan of cilantro you can use fresh parsley.
|I had my salad with potato latkes and barbecued chicken wings|
1 15oz. can chick peas / garbanzo beans
I small cucumber chopped.
1/2 cup red pepper chopped
1 small red onion
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp each garlic powder and oregano
2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley finely chopped.
salt and pepper to taste
- toss all ingredients together ,chill and serve
$110 – nordstrom.com
$95 – lordandtaylor.com
$78 – saksfifthavenue.com
$75 – lordandtaylor.com
£54 – liberty.co.uk
Making roast chicken may seem like a daunting task for the inexperienced cook, however It is one of the simplest ways to make chicken in my opinion. Instead of buying rotisserie chicken at the grocery store try to make your own at home.Today I will share with you a simple recipe that I use often , the curry powder gives it a nice unique flavor.All you will need for a roast chicken is an oven and a few spices and herbs, did I mention you will have loads of leftovers for chicken sandwiches, yummy!
The picture below is of a roast chicken made by my awesome brother Ash. I would like to mention that this was his first roast chicken. So proud !
1 4 pound chicken
1/2 a stock celery
4 cloves garlic
handful of fresh rosemary , thyme and sage
2 tbsp butter or olive oil
1 tsp mild curry powder
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken in and out ,pat dry with paper towels
- Squeeze half the lemon around chicken and rub butter or olive oil all over the chicken.
- Sprinkle generous amount of salt, pepper, curry powder and onion powder all over the chicken including the inside.
- Place garlic, celery , herbs , a little butter and half the lemon inside the chicken cavity .
- Place chicken in roasting pan along with any vegetables of your choice, make sure you coat vegetables with olive oil and place a few sprigs of rosemary in the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 2 hrs ,make sure you let chicken stand for about 10 minutes before carving.