I am a big fan of quick, healthy and delicious meals.This pasta dish is perfect for days when you don’t want to spend an eternity in the kitchen. All you need is Shrimp and broccoli from the market and the rest of the ingredients are probably in your pantry.
1/2 lb shrimp (peeled)
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp clam juice
3 tablespoons pad thai sauce
1 broccoli crown separated
3 green onions sliced
2 heads bok choy
1 tsp fresh ginger minced
1 tbsp curry powder
1 egg beaten
1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a large saucepan boil spaghetti per package directions, set aside
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a large wok, add onions and bok choy stems.When onions and bok choy stems are cooked remove from pan and set aside.
- Add shrimp to the wok and follow with curry powder,cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Add onion and bok choy mixture to shrimp,add egg and cook for a minute
- Add remaining ingredients including bok choy leaves and cook for 2 minutes,broccoli should remain bright green and crunchy.
- Mix spaghetti and shrimp mixture in wok and serve.
I made this dish yesterday and below is a picture of the result.Feel free to add carrots or any other veggie of your choice.
I love wrap dresses mostly because they are very flattering and suitable for most body types.This citrine colored wool wrap dress is great to wear in cooler temperatures too.Pair it with some chunky bracelets, a brown leather bag and sandals to give the look some warmth.
Have you ever wondered how certain women always look stylish and put together on a daily basis even when they have the same resources as you do? Well, the good news is that anyone can look effortlessly stylish just by making a few changes to their lifestyle.Here are few pointers,
- Keep yourself well groomed.Nothing elegant about a woman that is well dressed but has unkempt hair and chipped nails.Always make sure your nails,skin and hair are on point.Nails should be kept clean and they should not be too long.Do not overdo the make up as well, a little bit here and there to enhance your natural beauty is all you need.
- Dress according to your body shape.The first thing is to determine your body shape and then choose clothes that flatter it.For example if you have a pear shaped body you should stay away from pants that are narrow at the bottom as this would draw attention to your hips.
- Keep your clothes clean and crisp.I know this may sound obvious,but I am surprised on how many women take this for granted.Wrinkled and stained clothes are never an indication of elegance, in fact they make you look frumpy.
- Pick some classic pieces.Classic choices tend to make a bigger impact, for example a pencil skirt teamed up with a fitted blouse and pointy toed heels create an elegant and clean look.
- Keep up with the latest trends.I do not believe in buying clothes simply because they are trendy however you should make trends work for you by adding your personal touch.To prevent an outdated look keep an eye out for the latest trends.Those mom jeans gotta go!
- Choose quality pieces.Quality is essential to elegance.Sometimes you will have to spend a little more to get more,those pleather shoes or polyester jackets will send you back to the store in no time.After I got my first real job ,I decided to spoil myself and got a pair of genuine leather boots. Each time I wore them I received a compliment on how good they looked and 3 years later the leather boots are still a favorite of mine.Since that first successful purchase I realized that spending more or buying the best always pays off in the end.
- Don’t over do it.Too much of anything is never a good idea, for example clothing that is too tight,too revealing ,too big or too loud sends out all sorts of wrong messages.If your clothes have no shape or they just don’t fit right make sure you get them tailored,this makes a huge difference.I am big on tailored clothes as they give a clean cut look.
- Experiment.Mix and match outfits and include items from previous seasons too.Stay away from the same look everyday,add a variety of colors and styles to your closet.
- Accessorise.Use accessories to modernise classic looks and to complement your outfits.I personally love statement necklaces and rings as they give me a little edge.
- Stay true to yourself.All the tips above can surely make you look stylish and elegant,but at the end of the day the most important thing is that you do what makes you feel happy and comfortable.Confidence is the best accessory you can ever have.
A great tailored jacket such as this will pair with everything from jeans to work pants,add some pearls and you will look like a million bucks.
I am always looking for healthy meals that are quick to prepare,the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is to make a lengthy meal. I came across a quinoa recipe in a food magazine that is simple yet full of flavor.
Quinoa and red kidney bean salad
2 cups quinoa
4 cups chicken stock
1 15ounce can of red kidney beans
1 small red onion
2 lemons squeezed
2 bunches of fresh basil
1/2 cup olive
salt and pepper to taste
- Using a fine mesh sieve , rinse quinoa with cold water.
- Put rinsed quinoa into rice cooker and add chicken stock,turn on rice cooker.
- In 20 minutes quinoa will be cooked, Let it cool down in a big bowl.
- Mix kidney beans, chopped onion and basil in the bowl.
- whisk olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper together
- Add olive oil mixture into bowl and serve
I served this with grilled salmon and a green salad, but this dish can also be served alone.Below is a picture of my final product ,yummy!