2 cups Israeli couscous
2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 cups fresh kale roughly chopped
1 carrot sliced
1/2 a medium onion chopped
2 button mushrooms chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp fresh ginger minced
1/2 medium red pepper chopped
10 jumbo shrimp seasoned with chili garlic paste , 1/4 tsp garlic powder and black pepper.
7 - 10 grape tomatoes halved
2 tsp curry mix or curry powder
1 tbsp oyster sauce
- heat 1 tbsp olive oil in small pot then add couscous. cook couscous until it starts to brown.
- Squeeze juice from half a lemon into couscous until it evaporates.
- Add chicken broth , lower heat and cover pot. Couscous will cook for about 10 minutes.
- Couscous is ready when liquid is fully absorbed .Cover pot with lid and start preparing vegetables.
- Make sure all your ingredients are ready before you start the next few steps as they are very quick
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large wok or pan then add onions and mushrooms.
- Add curry powder or curry mix then add garlic and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, kale, peppers and cook for another 5 minutes .
- Add oyster sauce.
- Add seasoned shrimp and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- After shrimp is cooked add cooked couscous and mix.
- Dinner is served after 30 minutes. Another weeknight success!