Ever have days or nights where you just don’t feel like carbs and want something light for your main meal? I have these quite often especially during summer time. I usually make a salad and now that I have a steamer my new fave is steamed veggies and seafood. A few days ago I made a steamed salmon with broccoli for dinner and it was filling despite the absence of carbs. This dinner combo is great for those on weight loss or cleaning eating journeys.
The most important thing to remember when steaming food is flavor. Make sure you season the food well to prevent a bland meal.
1 large head of broccoli
2 carrots julienned
2 Salmon Fillets
4 lemon slices
2 green onion sliced
1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
1 tbsp fresh sofrito or minced garlic and cilantro
salmon seasoning of your choice
salt and freshly ground pepper
– Place salted water and 2 lemon slices in steamer pot to boil.
– Meanwhile separate broccoli into small florets and rinse.
– Place broccoli and carrots in steamer basket first. Season with salt, pepper and sprinkle half the onions, followed by half the ginger and sofrito.
– Place the seasoned fish fillets on top of the broccoli and sprinkle the remaining onions and ginger on top.
– Place a slice of lemon over each fish fillet, drizzle wit a generous amount of olive oil.
– Place steamer basket in steaming pot and steam for 10 minute until fish flakes easily.
– Serve immediately and enjoy!