Since I have a demanding job the last thing I want to do on a weeknight is spend hours in the kitchen and I am sure many would agree. Quick meals are essential during the week and this vibrant Tortellini arugula salad will save you time in the kitchen. The use of fresh herbs and vegetables make this a tasty and healthy option for those watching their diets.
1 package fresh cheese tortellini
4 handfuls Arugula
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 cup roasted peppers (can be found at whole foods antipasto bar)
2 green onions thinly sliced
1 handful of fresh basil torn
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 lemon juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Boil water in a large pot, add 1/2 tsp salt then add tortellini and cook for about 10-15 minutes till pasta is soft and cooked through.
- whisk together the olive oil , lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Slice green onions, peppers, tomatoes and rinse arugula.
- Gently mix all the ingredients is a big bowl and sit for about 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve with your favorite grilled meat. I marinated some turkey wings the night before and put them in the oven before I started making the salad. The entire meal was ready in less than a hour.