Imagine my excitement when I walked up the Whole foods seafood counter and found that 2 lobster tails where going for 10 bucks. I had never made lobster before so this was the perfect time to try especially at that price. After doing a little research online I decided the best way to cook these was to broil them in the oven simply because it was a weeknight and I wanted something easy. The end result was delicious and had me feeling like a master chef.
2 fresh lobster tails
1 large clove garlic minced
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch sweet paprika
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top shell of the lobster in half with kitchen scissors and expose the flesh.
- Meanwhile add garlic and butter in a small bowl then melt in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Spoon the melted garlic butter on the Lobster flesh, then sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on top.
- Pour olive oil in a griddle pan, place the lobster with cut side up and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes spoon some garlic butter from the pan over lobster and cook another 5 minutes.
- Make sure not to overcook the lobster as it will turn rubbery.
I served the lobster with my 15 minute spinach spaghetti . Stay tuned for recipe!